Tuesday, September 27, 2011 Adventures in OKCupid Land, Part 2, and other misc. thoughts

Alright, so I managed to get things figured out a bit in OKCupid over the last few days, mainly in adding link code to the profile, and also answering a ton on more questions which improved my matches a bit, but now I've run into the general problem that I'm sure many have faced on dating sites: Trying to get the other party to talk back. Now I'll be honest, I'm VERY picky on who I even choose to message, and it usually takes a few profile views over a few days for me to get a sense of who this person is. The thing is though, most of the ladies I usually go for are very similar to myself in that conversation with others can be tricky at times. I do tend to be very loquacious for the most part, but that's only because having to talk to strangers through work on a semi-regular basis has made me very approachable. Another trait of mine is that I don't use pickup lines or puns, I'm usually straight to the point and start asking questions to get to know the person immediately. For those of you who do know me, can you REALLY imagine me going up to a woman and being like, "Hey, your pants are like a mirror, 'cause I can see myself in em!". No. I'm guessing it's these factors that's why I've only gotten a couple of replys so far. It's no big deal as there are plenty of fish in the sea, I'll just have to keep chugging, and watching Guy on a Buffalo. That shit is hilarious.
Digg it StumbleUpon del.icio.us

0 comments:

 
Copyright 2010 fmpanda's ramblings
Carbon 12 Blogger template by Blogger Bits. Supported by Bloggermint