Tuesday, October 8, 2013 No, I'm really okay, just busy with work.

Yeah, this past weekend sucked. I should say for all of you folks who think that caretaking is an easy job, go have yourself a kid, then you can start to get a taste of what me and my roommate go through. I had to take my Pops to a Doctor's appointment so that we could get results from the Biopsy and then find out when we had to go for the CT Scan. The series of events however caused my Pops to have a panic attack of sorts, in which he began to have his knees buckle to where he was constantly falling down, he was starting to profusely sweat, and was generally in a constantly worried state of mind. Even with the news that there was a good chance the cancerous tumor was isolated to where they could do an operation to easily remove it, he was still stressed out of it. I got him home and laying down, and proceeded to relax for the rest of the day as I had a long week before my next day off at the time. Unfortunately Friday hit me harder than a Falcon Punch. Sometimes when my Pops goes into an extreme Panic Attack, he enters a state of Dementia in which he starts hallucinating about his past, while also trying to stay awake and falling down, a lot. During the course of the time period that I was at work (from 11am to Midnight Saturday Morning) my roommate was forced to pull a 24-hour day with only a small nap while I was on break so he could make sure my Pops was not trying to get up and fall down, which still brought about crashing all over the place, knocking over the air containers, breaking a table, and then cutting his knee up against a sharp edge. Needless to say I got my Saturday shift covered and then proceeded to take naps while my roommate continued to look over Pops. Pops proceeded to fall down a few more times before we finally kept him confined to bed and fell asleep, before waking up more coherent a few hours later, and with me needing to do major cleaning of his bed. With most of the craziness behind us, my roommate finally passed out while I tried to play games for a bit, then passing out myself a bit later, but not really succeeding at that. I went into Sunday REALLY pissy due to lack of sleep and concern for my Pops, and then was bombarded by one of my co-workers with how mad my soon-to-be-ex-GM was that I gave away my driving shift to a driver who normally works all day and was looking to pick up the shift. Needless to say that sent my rage into overdrive. It was bad enough that I was forced to work during Animefest when I had put in a request almost 6 MONTHES AGO and I knew the new GM could've grabbed somebody from another store to cover for me, even worse that I was screamed at for not answering my phone to come in early when he had not bothered scheduling enough folks in on a Friday morning, but yeah, this pretty much sealed in that I would never do any favors for this franchise again. So I spent the day in Grrrrr, Arghhh mode, and no one was safe. I talked to a new friend of mine about how concerned I was about whether my little group of pals were actually going to stick around and sub with Wildstar around the corner....well, that's what I was trying to say, what actually came out was al;ksjadfopial;fkanafopiwsnfawesl;kfnasopidflkmnasl;kdfoasfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckMichealBay'sExplosions. I think I managed to convince her that I was quitting the game, then when I tried to reply that no, I wasn't, I was just not wanting to play alone, except that also came out as 2908qwjvoim2098rt21 8r228rcv2983rvakfjlsdkjf8awoerfjsjcockcockcockcockcockcock! So yeah, I was not a decent person to be around. I didn't even realize how shitty I was acting until after I had gotten home and relaxed for a bit, then re-read the messages, with the fact that I had been a complete ass to everyone I had worked with that entire day. At that point I made my apologies, then tried to re-center myself a bit and get some proper rest. I did at least take care of that part, so I decided until I've finished up my business with my current job I would at least keep my Social Network posting to a minimum, that way I could prevent myself from putting my foot in my mouth again. Nobody wants to see foot-in-mouth, it's disgusting, and you'll probably get mouth fungus. Plus to be honest, my copy of The Wind Waker HD came in, so FFXIV will have to take a back seat for a couple of days so I can venture forth as the Hero of Winds, :P As I'm writing this, I'm pulling a late night so I can make sure Pops is okay, when I came home I found him passed out in his chair, no telling how long he was sleeping there. I had to carry him to bed, then make sure he was covered up, and I've been checking up on him hourly (I'll probably do so again after I post this up). My roommate will get him to and back from the CT Scan, then I'll jump ahead to get him to meet with his Primary Doctor so we can figure out the next steps. So yeah, what I do is pretty fucking rough outside of work. I'm not able to socialize as much as I want, I won't be landing a GF anytime soon as I don't think there is a lady out there who would be able to deal with the pressure having to help take care of a 69-year old man, and there's no payoff, no reward, only making sure my Pops is able to go out on his own terms instead of a fucking nursing home, but I'll take that job, because helping peeps is what I do best, for better or worse. Also, Fuck Cancer. /rant
Digg it StumbleUpon del.icio.us

0 comments:

 
Copyright 2010 fmpanda's ramblings
Carbon 12 Blogger template by Blogger Bits. Supported by Bloggermint