Wednesday, September 7, 2011 Adventures in OkCupid land, Part 1.

Alright, so in the interest of FINALLY being able to score a girlfriend, one of the things I've went ahead and done is set up an OkCupid account. I heard some decent things about it and it didn't seem to come with too many hassles unlike some other dating sites, so I figured, what the hey? I set up a profile, filled in some info and then went off to AnimeFest to do Arcade work. I noticed I had some ladies already take a look at my account, and one peaked my interest, so I sent off a "hello, chat with me" message. Didn't get a reply after 4 days, so no worries, on to the next girl. Now with this site it uses questions you answer to determine what would be the best matches for you, but the only problem is that it wasn't taking into account a certain part of my personality, that I'm a GAMER. When I browsed a lot of profiles tonight, I saw a binding theme that many of them were looking for guys who are not into Videogaming. I did add in a bit onto my profile about not being the "Consumed by WoW" type, but to be honest this is really fucking annoying. I do own a crap ton of systems and like to break out a game here and there, but I'm not going to make a GF wait on me to finish up, I'm going to have everything wrapped up before she even gets to my house. The stereotypes that surround gamers grates me to no fucking end, seriously. Will this make me give up on OkCupid? Not yet, I'll just have to spend a ton of time trying to peruse profiles in order to find a good match for myself. The one thing I do like about the site is that you can't hide and do the FB stalk for photos thing, it displays who you've visited and who's visited you, *_*. Off to do some more digging.
Digg it StumbleUpon del.icio.us

0 comments:

 
Copyright 2010 fmpanda's ramblings
Carbon 12 Blogger template by Blogger Bits. Supported by Bloggermint