Tuesday, August 16, 2011 Yeah, instead of getting some sleep I'm just going to type this.

Animefest is coming up soon, I have a volunteer meeting for this Saturday, should go fine. To be honest working this con will probably determine whether I will help out with conventions in the future in a Volunteer/Staff sense. I like hanging out with folks and getting to see all of the hard work pay off, but unfortunately family will come first, and if being away from home for 5 days is rough for my Pops, then doing any extensive Volunteer work or really travelling outside of Dallas will be a nogo for me. It's just that simple. At least for this con I'll be messing around with Videogaming again, kinda going back to my roots from MSC, so that should be fun.

I finally started hitting the videogames again as well as the workout regime to keep myself from laxing about on the computer all day. It was bad enough when I went through most of July with multiple injuries on my left leg from pulled muscles in my knee then a sprained ankle, but the forced downtime made me lazy. Don't get me wrong, you'll still see me on FB a ton, but due to my phone I'm now constantly being displayed as "online".

Speaking of FB, I did notice a lot of the sudden drama surrounding peeps regarding heading up to Nashville Anime Day. I was kinda glad I live here in Dallas and therefore didn't have to deal with that stuff, because if I did, I would have been kicking ass and taking names. I never have had much tolerance for what I perceive as social stupidity that leaves one unequipped to deal with the simple situations in real life, and knowing me I probably would've blown up and in a very nice way basically told someone to go fuck themselves before realizing the error of my temper, similar to how angry I was over the summer for how a good friend of mine was treated. I never have been a fan of the dance of happy faces, if you pissed me off, I simply chose not to have anything to do with you and that was that. I may say "hey" every once in a while, but any chance of true friendship gets blown out the door. As I get older though, I do realize that may not be the most fundamental approach, and it may be best to actually talk things out, even if there is no truly peaceful resolution, you can at least agree to disagree as long as there is no external casualties or masses of peeps getting dragged into things. You do have to engage in the dance of reassurances in order to please the masses, basically because they are the ones who guide your social fate, not yourself.

Work's looking pretty chipper right now, we're finally done with the month of blah and starting to get busy again. More business = moar $$ for me, which will = more chances to go out and about and sow my wild oats, yay.

I went into Anime Pop yesterday to see if they had the new K-ON! manga available (which they didn't, that'll have to come in next week), and I got into another staring contest with the giant stacks of Gunpla they had laying around. I did kinda feel awkward when it was just me and the main cashier girl though. When I shop, I tend to wander around in circles, until something random catches my eye and then make my purchase. I can't help this, I just want to maximize my dollar value. It just feels weird when it's just me and one other person though, especially in a mom and pop store like theirs. I did pick up a Char's Custom Geloog though, so I was happy.

Well, I've expounded my thoughts for now.
Digg it StumbleUpon del.icio.us

0 comments:

 
Copyright 2010 fmpanda's ramblings
Carbon 12 Blogger template by Blogger Bits. Supported by Bloggermint