Monday, July 21, 2008 The Joy of Video Editing

Ok, so, I'm currently in the process of finishing the editing of the first episode, and needless to say, it's been a joy as well as a pain. It was a joy in that it came together pretty much in about 2 hours of work, but a pain as I quickly realized that I bugged up at tad. Needless to say, whenever one tries to edit video in Premiere, be mindful of what type of AVI file you have captured....Me, I actually captured in what's called Type 1, which causes the program to freeze upon finishing the Generating Peak File part. I ended up having to download a program called DVDate which converts the file to Type 2, which is more suitable for editing in Premiere. Yeesh, well, at least that was the only hard part in the video, but I also had to deal with some audio stuff, mainly in the area of Voice Overs.....At 2 point in the episode, I needed some narration, unfortunately, due to time constraints, I couldn't be bothered with trying to find someone, so I ended up recording the voiceovers myself, then warping my pitch and adding an effect to give it a more, sinister quality...it'll still be a little muddled, but then again, that's what the subtitles are for...
Digg it StumbleUpon del.icio.us

0 comments:

 
Copyright 2010 fmpanda's ramblings
Carbon 12 Blogger template by Blogger Bits. Supported by Bloggermint